11.28.2010

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in "Gun Metal"

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in "Gun Metal"
(Two coats. No top coat. No base coat.)
I was excited for this color in the hopes that it would actually look like Gun Metal, but alas I was wrong. It has a very deep blue tone to it, which is obvious when you look at the bottle, but I retained my excitement just in case. I rarely have trouble applying the X-Treme line, but given that this is a Frosty polish, you can see the bristles of the brush all throughout the nail. The formula was also quite thick. I think a little bit of thinner would help, but the color is not what I wanted. “Steel-Her-Heart” from Revlon is a better gun metal color than this is.

4 comments:

  1. I just picked up this colour. I love it!
    It reminds me on CHANEL Steel. Yay... just saved $30.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding dupes is the best part in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. use a sally hansen topcoat and the bristle streaks will disappear

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna try that next time. Maybe I love it the way I wanted to. Thanks

    ReplyDelete